Visit our Admissions Deadlines page in order to complete the following steps before the semester deadline.
- First, make sure you meet the Admissions Criteria.
- Then, go through and complete each of the following:
- Complete an Online Application Form.
- Upload a scanned copy of an Official Transcript from all universities or colleges at which you attended.
- NOTE: Virginia Tech students do not need to submit official transcripts.
- Send in a copy of your resume.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Complete your essay.
- Your essay is a personal statement, which addresses your reason for pursuing this degree at this time, and your reason for choosing Virginia Tech.
- When you turn in your application, there will be a $75 non-refundable application fee payable in U.S. dollars.
- Submit an application for in-state tuition (optional).
Once you have been officially accepted into the program, proceed through the following steps.
- If you have not already been assigned a PID, navigate to the Generate PID page to create a Virginia Tech Personal Identifier (PID).Your
- Your PID is your access and presence at Virginia Tech and you will need it to access your course websites, student records, library research materials, and more.
- Set up your email to begin using your Virginia Tech email account. It is highly encouraged to check this email regularly because Virginia Tech will use if for communication. Start here and follow the instructions on screen.
- Contact your program advisor to begin developing your plan of study.
- Refer to the Graduate Honor System and understand how it applies to all graduate work submitted for credit.