- If you are in need of proctoring services the following site from Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS) will provide you with information related to arranging for a proctor.
- For all accommodations, contact Services for Students with Disabilities
Below are a few other options that have been used for administering exams at a distance:
- LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor (Canvas Edition)
Respondus LockDown Browser can be used to administer tests and quizzes while preventing students form printing, copying, going to another UR, or accessing other applications. Respondus LockDown Browser should only be used for tests and quizzes in Canvas. For more information visit Respondus LockDown Browswer.
- Northern Virginia Center (NVC) Library Northern Virginia Center Library offers proctoring services for instructors if they have fewer than five students who need proctoring. If the number is greater than five, the professor should contact their department to reserve a room and arrange for a proctor at NVC. To arrange for proctoring through NVC, please contact the Resource Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 538-8340.
- Blacksburg Campus Proctoring Services
Librarians can serve as proctors for those students located in Blacksburg who may have proctoring needs. Tests are proctored in Newman Library and requests must be made in advance. To request Blacksburg campus proctoring service complete the Proctoring service request form. Then scroll to the bottom of the page.
NOTE: Proctoring through the library is only available to VT Students.