Please consider placing the below pieces of information on your Canvas site and email to your students prior to the first day of class:
- Please test your connectivity prior to the first class (http://virginiatech.zoom.us). If you need instructions, please visit Zoom on Personal Computers and Mobile Devices
- For problems using Zoom, contact Zoom Support:
- Search Zoom documentation in the Zoom Help Center.
- Chat live (24-7) with Zoom support. Go to Zoom Video Communications Technical Support and click Chat live.
- Call Zoom support (24-7) at 888-799-9666 ext 2.
- Please check the information in this link to make sure your system meets the minimum system requirements for Zoom:
- To ensure the quality of the class, please purchase a reliable headset
- The quality of the bandwidth is important, so be sure to use a reliable internet connection (such as home or Library). It is our experience that students connecting at public places such as Starbucks have not been successful
- Exams should be distributed and received via Canvas if possible
- If exams are sent electronically to Blacksburg or Northern Virginia for duplicating they need to be sent at least a week in advance so they are sent early enough for the site coordinator to have time to copy them.
- Please notify Maureen Fallon in Digital Media Services (email@example.com) of what day you will be giving your exam and if you will be using your assigned classroom.
- Final exam grades for non-VT students cannot be e-mailed due to FERPA regulations at VT; they must be uploaded to secure Canvas site. This scenario does not happen often and our office will work with you to create a site.
Before the beginning of the semester, you will be contacted by the CGEP administrator to confirm textbooks.